Our Steel Security Door Range includes our best selling standard security door available in single, double and half leaf combinations and suitable for most externally opening applications.
We also manufacture bespoke steel doors built to satisfy 240 minute fire ratings, gas leakage and weather tightness, thermal or acoustic insulation, enhanced security levels or a combination of these.
Security Doors from MDS Industries come in Single and Double security door formats.
- Made from high tensile steel for a stronger yet lighter security door complete with an insulated core for improved thermal properties.
- Antirust Rustec coating ensures an exceptionally smooth surface and door sets are supplied fully finished in any RAL or BS colour.
- Security Astragal sits flush with the outside frame and prevents assailants identifying the position of the lock bolt in the frame.
- Grade 13 stainless steel door hinges with dog bolts tie the door into the frame even if the hinges are cut off on the outside.
- Adjust-2-fit expander frame and comprehensive fixing kit - click for more information.
Steel Security Door Details
Standards: Depending upon the requirement we manufacture to BS1245:2012 (Pedestrian doorsets and door frames made from steel sheet); BS476-22:1987 (Fire tests on buildings and materials, etc); EN12426:2000 (Industrial commercial and garage doors and gates. Air permeability classification); EN14600:2005 (Doorsets with fire resisting and/or smoke characteristics); and BS EN 1523:2007 (Windows, doors, shutters and blinds: Bullet resistance).
Security: We manufacture doors that reach the following security ratings:
- SR1: Opportunist attack by bodily force using minimal tools (e.g. screwdriver, knife, pliers, etc)
- SR2: More determined opportunist attack with tools of a higher mechanical advantage (e.g. SR1 tools plus bolt cutters, claw hammer, drill, etc).
- SR3: Deliberate forced entry of protected premises using bodily force and a selection of attack options (e.g. SR2 tools plus short axe, chisels, crowbar, gas torch, etc).
- SR4: Experience attempts at forced entry with higher tool levels (e.g. SR3 tools plus felling axe, sledgehammer, steel wedges, disc grinder, jigsaw, etc).
- SR5: Serious attempts at forced entry with top end battery tools used by fire and rescue.
Push bars and panic bolts: A varied range can be fitted to unlock a door during emergency conditions. They are spring loaded, fixed horitizontally and generally to the inside of an outward-opening door. Supplied to EN179 and EN1125.
Door closers: Most commonly fitted on fire doors. The range includes those with a control over the rate of closing for the disabled or infirm. They can also be concealed in the floor if required.
Frame Sizes: Up to 3,000mm wide x 3,500mm high.
Handles: Range includes antimicrobial handles that are capable of continuously killing pathogenic microbes, antiligature and warm touch handles.
Lock types: Thumb turn, coded lock, or single and double euro cylinders options. We can provide doors individually keyed, key alike or provide a grand master keyed/master keyed suite as required
Vision Panels: Square and round, fire and non-fire resistant, single and double glazed.
Door Leafs: Typically 45mm thick with no face seams. Face skins are connected by a deep pocket interlocking edge lock seam for added strength. Door skins 2mm-5mm thick dependant upon application. Core either honeycomb, rockwool or reinforced plate with ballistic infill.
Over Panels: Can be supplied in the same profile as the doorset.
Finishes: Polyester powder coat is available in our standard colour range with other finishes available upon special request.
Warranty: We warranty all parts free from manufacturer’s defects for a period of twelve months from the commissioning date. The warranty also covers call out charges and fitting charges for replacement parts supplied under the warranty. The warranty does not cover repairs due to accidental damage or misuse, fair wear and tear or any loss of use while replacement parts are being supplied or fitted.